Position: Executive Director
The Fleetwood BIA is seeking a self-motivated professional with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, proven marketing skills with governance, business and financial acumen and demonstrated public and stakeholder relations building experience to operate the recently revived organization.
The Executive Director will operate under the direction of the Board of Directors, and will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the BIA in an engaging, ethical and professional manner.
The Executive Director will initiate, coordinate and direct services and programs, hire and supervise staff, plan BIA activities, provide outreach services to all BIA members, manage city, government and business relationships and promote Fleetwood as a vital and exciting place to visit, work, shop, locate and prosper.
The functions include but are not limited to member services, day-to-day operations, and marketing of and communications about the BIA.
The ability to engage is imperative to this role. A facilitator and consensus-builder that can multi-task is required.
Desired skill set to include but not be limited to:
• Excellent leadership abilities, inter-personal and communications skills.
• Proven planning, organization and project management skills.
• Ability to engage and interact positively with stakeholders (business and property owners), and facilitate meaningful dialogue between groups with different mandates and priorities.
• Experience working with and providing support to boards of management/directors.
• Proven ability to manage staff, service providers, strategic partners and volunteers.
• Understanding of small business entrepreneurship is an asset.
• Effective group facilitation and networking skills.
• Marketing and media experience including strategic planning, media buying and partnership building is an asset.
• Marketing and event management experience.
• Competence in web-based communications strategies and social media.
• Education – post-secondary diploma/degree in business administration, marketing, economic development or related field and/or equivalent, having minimum of five years related work experience.
• Languages – English oral, reading and writing with additional working knowledge of other languages considered an asset
Desired Skills and Experience
1. Post-secondary diploma/degree in business administration, marketing, economic development or related field and/or equivalent
2. Ability to communicate effectively with related Associations and stakeholders
3. Experience working with a Board structured organization is preferred
4. Experience working at a management level is preferred
5. Effective communication skills both written and verbal (strong presentation skills)
6. Experience in office management
7. Detailed oriented working with a high degree of accuracy
8. High computer aptitude
9. Able to work within a team environment as well as independently
10. Excellent organizational, planning and management skills
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.